What is Quercetin?
Quercetin is a flavonol compound that is widely distributed in the plant world and has a variety of biological activities. It is actually a pigment, which is almost insoluble in water but soluble in glacial acetic acid, and the alkaline aqueous solution is yellow. Quercetin is relatively common in many vegetables, fruits, and grains, as well as in wine and tea. It has strong antioxidant properties that are good for health and for treating many diseases.
Benefits and effects of quercetin:
- Quercetin has good expectorant and cough-relieving effects. It also has a certain asthma-relieving effect and a wide range of anti-fibrotic effects. It is long-term used in the treatment of chronic bronchitis.
- It has antioxidant functions, such as preventing lipid oxidation, reducing glutathione depletion, increasing antioxidant enzyme activity, and inhibiting lipid peroxidation to protect liver cells against alcoholic oxidative damage. The protective effect is in a dose-and-time effect relationship.
- Quercetin has anti-inflammatory effects. It can reduce the body’s immune response to allergens, inhibit the release of IgE-mediated allergy mediators from mast cells as well as IgG-mediated histamine release；
- It has an antibacterial effect, with broad-spectrum antimicrobial properties and a stronger antibacterial effect against Gram-negative bacteria than Gram-positive bacteria.
- Quercetin has skin color enhancing and skin protecting effects.
- Sophora Japonica extract quercetin has a cardiovascular protective effect. It can dilate blood vessels, lower blood pressure, prevent and control coronary heart disease, reduce myocardial hypertrophy, inhibit vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation hypertrophy, and anti-thrombosis.
- Quercetin has anti-cancer effects and a good inhibitory effect on a variety of malignant tumors.
Shaanxi Porvoo is a leading quercetin manufacturer & supplier in China, specializing in providing the best quality Sophora Japonica extract quercetin powder at competitive prices. Contact us to get more detailed information.
The information contained in this article is only for information sharing, not as health or medical suggestions. You should not use it as a substitute for your own independent judgment and should always consult a physician or other qualified health provider for any questions you may have about your health status or health goals.